The first ever Children’s Congress Contest on Facebook (FB) is quickly coming to an end. If you haven’t already submitted your 2011 Children’s Congress (CC11) application on Facebook, you need to do it this weekend so you can be part of a random drawing where one applicant will be selected to by-pass the application reviews and be awarded a slot to CC11.
I am sure you’re wondering why such an urgency to apply on FB. Well, first and foremost, to be part of the CC11 Contest on FB you MUST apply during the month of August. Second, several hundreds of kids apply to Children’s Congress (it might even be a couple of thousands this year), so competition can be pretty stiff since each one of you and your families has an important story to share. So why not do every thing you can to make sure you have a higher chance of getting selected to CC11 and apply this month on Facebook!
To apply on Facebook, I would recommend that you do the following and do it this weekend!
Before starting the application this weekend on FB, write a letter addressed to your Member of Congress. The letter MUST include the following:
- Your personal story about living with type 1 diabetes
- Why a cure for juvenile diabetes is important to you
- Why the U.S. Congress should support diabetes research issues to help find a cure for type 1 diabetes
- If applicable, what have you done to promote awareness of type 1 diabetes in your community
- Acceptable file formats that can be submitted are .doc, .docx, .pdf, odf, and .txt
Have a digital picture with the following criteria to submit with your application:
CC11 Support Staff &
JDRFers since August ‘06